Sign in to follow this  
Free.51

no stop lamps in zl

Gday all my second question for today is does anybody know what would cause the stop lamps in my zl to stop working? I've been trying to figure out the problem for about a week now with no results. I have power at the fuse I've got power at the switch connectors & I have power at the tail lamp sockets when the parkers/headlamps are on I've grabbed a whole bunch of extra switches from pick apart & bought brand new bulbs but still the brake lamps won't come on the tail lamps do though. Is there supposed to be a earth wire from the the tail light panel to the brake light loom? Any help would be awesome thanks-

Chris

Seems like everyones having trouble with their brake lights/cruise control/trip computer lately anyway I bought another cruise control unit from pick a part plugged it in & still no brake lights so now I'm gonna unplug the test panel and jump a wire to the 2 green/red wires & see if that works hopefully it does & then I'll know that there's a fault in the test panel & go & buy another one of those. Funny thing is I had a spare one couple of months ago from when I stripped an fe for parts but sold it on gumtree oh well.

I unplugged the test panel/trip comp. And ran a wire between the 2 green/red wires & the brake lights work thank fook for that but when I plug the test panel back in they don't work so I guess it's time for a new test panel. In the mean time I'm gonna pull this one apart & have a look inside.