Sign in to follow this  
Banno

XG auto cooler pipes

Blew the cooler pipe coupling on the auto on my xg ute throwing fluid out everywhere today. It is the line that runs from box to bottom of the radiator.

Goes from passenger side running along bottom of radiator to drivers side of the radiator.

I was wondering if I ran  aftermarket rubber auto pipe hose from end of coupling with a hose clamp to a barb screwed into the radiator tightened also with a hose clamp should it hold. Cause I am not sure how much pressure the BTR 4 speed run through the cooler pipes. 

The XE had no worries and I bypassed the radiator and straight into cooler so wondering if I can do the same.

So for a temp fix can run a hose between the two (steel pipe and cooler and completely by pass radiator)  and should have no issue with pressure.

Cause it stuck over at mates house at the moment.

I was lucky it went coming into his house with a tandem trailer about to pick up a engine hoist as i am in the process of pulling the motor out of the XE for fresh up.

So I now have two cars to get going though the ute seems the easier fix at present.

Thanks guys. Don't know a great deal about BTR 4 speed autos. So wasn't sure if they ran a great deal of pressure thru the lines as the way Ford have done it made it look like a hell lot of fuss compared to the XE