Sign in to follow this  
cruzzin62falcon

XD crossflow C4 issues

Hi I have a crossflow from a XD and a c4 from a mates v8 mustang which came with a torque convertor the convertor bolted to the flex plate fine and I bought a c4 to crossflow bell housing so it went together fine.  Before bolting it all up I started the motor and no worries then bolted up the gearbox and im unable to turn it over I removed the gearbox and I still can't spin the convertor,  just wondering if all the parts I have are correct or maybe I have damaged the gearbox bolting it all together, if anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful thanks Craig 

Did the convertor get spun on in a clockwise direction and drop in/back on the input shaft 3 times? Should have 2 solid clunks and last one you will just feel it engage on there really.Well thats how mine goe's every time...

Can you remove the convertor at all or is it stuck on there?

I did feel it engage when I first put the convertor on and before I bolted it on it all seemed ok but once it was bolted up is when it was solid and unable to spin when I removed it the convertor wouldn't spin but can be removed,   I'm wondering if it has moved out of position when I put it on then I've tightened it up and damaged something in the gearbox.