Sign in to follow this  
mattymc

Good quality coil spring compressors?

Would anyone be able to recommend a good quality strong set of coil spring compressors?.

I need to swap the suspension on my Xf and want something that wont fail and try kill me.

Don't want to spend a huge amount but I also don't want cheap crap that is hard to use and fails.

JBS are a brand that comes to mind. Not rubbish but not too expensive either.

You could always make your own with some 3/4" booker bar and a couple of nuts and plates, if you're handy with a welder that is. You don't really need one for the rear springs, just undo the shocks and the clip on the brake line.

Thanks gerg, I could not find the Jbs spring compressors must be looking in the wrong area. You wouldn't happen to have a link?.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Simplest way is a plate on the bottom to go through the shocky mount and just the saddle for the bottom. A plate on top and some HT booker rod, at least 19 mm, I used 24mm .. I also used and old taper bearing and cup under the top nut .

The original tool was made by Litchfield is the one I copied

Yeah that sounds the goods, maybe make up a dummy shock that goes through the mount bolts on the saddle and threaded bar up from there. Take up the tension, remove saddle bolt then release slowly. Don't know how you'd go re-installing and lining up the bolt again. Maybe complete removal of top wishbone is the go.