Sign in to follow this  
Ando81

Xg fuel problem.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me a diy way to check fuel pressure on an xg 4litre motor. My brother's ute is dual fuel and runs fine on gas but it struggles on fuel, as you try to accelerate more it seems to starve for fuel and hesitate. It's auto and it idles fine but as soon as you put the foot down it really struggles. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :) <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Unclip hose in engine bay, if you have nothing to check the pressure with, hold your finger tightly over the end and start car, it should be able to push past your finger real good, if the fuel pump is no good, it won't.  Very basic DIY, really should have a guage though.

lpg leaves a really oily residue behind ,chuck another set of injectors at it itl be fine, also flush the fuel tank in the fuel is older then a month old ,give the throttle body a clean including the idle speed motor,and fit a new fuel filter

So it seems to have plenty of fuel pressure, I couldn't stop the fuel squirting out of the fuel line. I was thinking that the gas gets squirted into the manifold near the air box so I wasn't sure that the injectors would get dirty from the gas. I'm no mechanic though :) might be best for my mechanic to do some flow tests on it. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No worries revhead thanks, I've read your other posts and realised that you know your stuff! So should I go with the stock xg injectors or is there other injectors that will do a better job. Don't need extra power or anything just thought au or el ones might do a better job because they are newer technology.