adrianphu123

Extra gauges for XF

Hey guys, just after some suggestions regarding where to mount extra gauges in an XF. Im out of ideas, i have 2 gauges with cups but nowhere to mount them.

thanks

adrian

I'll give a quick rundown of how i tackled this problem.

I have an aluminium console fabed up so i could mount a fire extinguisher between the seats. I decided to mount 3 gauges under and just infront of the centre controls on the dash. I wanted them orientated so that i could see them clearly from the drivers seat(next best option because i really wanted them in line of sight). In order to achieve this, i fabricated a wedge shaped mount, angling the gauges upwards as well as turning them towards the driver.

Pics will come later tonight for those interested.

ok guys, here are the photos. Unfortunately, there are no pics of the mount just by itself, but imagine a wedge with studs for mounting the gauges and studs to mount to the console.

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

The mount has been etch primed, primed and then painted in trim black. Welds are unground and then inside of the mount is hollow but sprayed with weld through primer. 

Heres how the front of the console is mounted. The plate is bolted to the factory mounts and console is mounted to the plate using the studs at the bottom of the gauge mount. The rear of the console is bolted to the factory bracket. 

IMG_0334.jpg

The console in position. Dont worry about the wiring, it'll all be cleaned up nicely when finished.

IMG_0335.jpg

Heres where they sit.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

And the view from the drivers seat. The right gauge is the fuel gauge so im not worried that the steering wheel blocks it slightly.

IMG_0339.jpg

A shot of the wiring in the back. This will go to a quick disconnect plug and the wiring already on the car will get trimmed back and crimped to the corresponding plug.

IMG_0342.jpg

and finally, if anyone was wondering what the top face where the gauges mount to look like, heres version 1 i made for it. The top looks exactly the same.

IMG_0341.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed viewing!