jeza351

oil pressure

Hi all

I have a 351 Cleveland in my xe it was sitting for around 8 weeks without being started, starter motor issue. Anyway when I fired it up with New starter installed it started making a squealing noise was coming and going similar to a belt slipping can't be this only has Gilmer drive I noticed oil pressure had dropped off from what it used to run was fine when starter shit itself. Any ideas what could cause this I'm hoping it's not bearings or pump be my luck tho, motor has done approx 8 to 9 thousand since full rebuild any help appreciated hoping a oil change will do it oil seemed to be a little bit milky condensation on the dipstick but has been out in the weather

Thanks for the help in advance

Where is noise coming from? Front or back of engine?

What is current oil pressure?

Is the starter motor exactly same as old unit? Some used a thin spacer plate. Without it, ring gear can just touch the teeth on the starter gear.

Does it squeal when you rev it, or at idle?

>10,000kays - shouldnt be anything major.

Checked for Gerbils or mice ? :blink:

really hard to tell where exactly the squel is coming from it comes and goes on idle and with a rev but isnt consistant. havent had it running very much( no more than 4 or 5 minutes since the issue) it was running 70 psi on start up before now its lucky to get to 55 it is a different starter aswell i did think of the spacer for starter but the factpressure isnt what it was has me slightly concerned