Sign in to follow this  
SLO247

Weber 34ADM vac lines-bare essentials

Which vac lines and circuits are the bare minimum for the weber?

Mine seems to have had all sorts of bits removed and blocked off. I'd like to get rid of everything it doesn't need to idle and run well. Not concerned with the emissions stuff or even economy, just want to get it running well as a starting point.

Apologies if I'm asking stupid questions. I've very limited experience with a carburettor.

I should add its started idling very high,dies under moderate load and the choke has stopped working. Feels like a huge vac leak, haven't touched anything since it was running well the other day. If I remove the hose from the booster to the manifold the idle drops a bit. Thought it should speed up with more air....

Just fitted a working weber and manifold, all new fuel lines. Was working well a few days ago, when I bought it it refused to run on petrol at all.

Torn whether to rebuild the weber, fit a holley, holley and redline etc or just go straight to Cleveland. No rush as I'm doing the body first but just want it running well.

dude keep the line from the booster. get a rebuild kit and rebuild it. get all the lines connected. they run beautifully when right.

webers are good with all the shit connected. unless your running straight gas then plug everything. apart from brake booster line and line from air cleaner to rocker

Im not removing the line to the booster, i was just testing. Kinda need that one. I suspect a leak there somewhere.

More after info on which ones the weber needs and which can be eliminated. So much extra shit on them. Ran fine a few days ago.

No bbq gas here either.

keep it running. get a hose and stick it in your ear and run the other end over the vacuum hoses. should hear a sucking noise where there are leaks.

or get some soapy water in a spray bottle. spray it over the vacuum lines. it should bubble up where there are leaks.