Sign in to follow this  
dizzy616

module pulse wire

i noticed on my ute that the pulse wire from the module. is getting the reading from a spark lead. we thought it should be running to the coil. can anybody confirm this? it seems to be allright running off the lead but i dont really like it there.

i noticed on my ute that the pulse wire from the module. is getting the reading from a spark lead. we thought it should be running to the coil. can anybody confirm this? it seems to be allright running off the lead but i dont really like it there.

doesnt really matter, as long as the module is getting a pulse. that being said, ive got mine running off the coil..

what side of the coil you got it running off negative or positive. i just prefer it not running off a lead. so i can freely test them and change them

thanks dude we thought so. needed another persons opinion but. as we where not really sure. and comparing it to how it was set up on a valiant today lol

yep yep a lot of the gas modules can use an inductive pick up off the lead :) problem is if that lead shits itself or starts to go you get weak signals and the gas cuts in and out :) best straight off the coil :)

yeh man the leads where getting old. i know why they didn't change them. its because they probably didn't know what the go was there. but i found a wire running off the coil the same colour as the one on the lead. it was cut. go figure? connected it up and it works fine lol

but the ute came with a spare set of good leads. i figure that they where planning to change them soon