Melba toast xf

Xf centre console swap

Hey guys I'm in the middle of converting melba from a bench seat to buckets and I'm thinking about placing a centre console in her. Is there a big difference between manual and auto consoles and will I be able to just put it in without cutting stuff up.

Also how difficult is it to replace the dash with a fairlane digital dash?

Once again thank you guys with helping me with my last post

31 minutes ago, Melba toast xf said:

Hey guys I'm in the middle of converting melba from a bench seat to buckets and I'm thinking about placing a centre console in her. Is there a big difference between manual and auto consoles and will I be able to just put it in without cutting stuff up.

Also how difficult is it to replace the dash with a fairlane digital dash?

Once again thank you guys with helping me with my last post

the auto console can fit a manual fairly easy, the manual hole is too wide i think for the T bar display panel to be fitted. 
You'll need the hump fitted to the floor, XE and prior just unscrew and were available new from GT shops etc (XA to XE would be same or close enough) or drill the spotwelds off a Tbar etc one from a donor car XF 

if you just want the cluster swapped (easy) just get the fairlane cluster and the oil sender from the fairlane engine and it just plugs in and works.

if you want to fit the whole fairlane dash with the trip computer etc. well, it can fit, i don't know it if plugs up to the existing engine loom without any mods(possibly would just plug and play)

Biggest issue will be the missing sheet-metal floor hump, in ur XF.

They're weld in/part of the floor, with the later XE's and XF onwards.

Digital dash is the easiest swap - just need the correct oil pressure sensor, and ur good.

1 minute ago, deankxf said:

the auto console can fit a manual fairly easy, the manual hole is too wide i think for the T bar display panel to be fitted. 
You'll need the hump fitted to the floor, XE and prior just unscrew and were available new from GT shops etc (XA to XE would be same or close enough) or drill the spotwelds off a Tbar etc one from a donor car XF 

if you just want the cluster swapped (easy) just get the fairlane cluster and the oil sender from the fairlane engine and it just plugs in and works.

if you want to fit the whole fairlane dash with the trip computer etc. well, it can fit, i don't know it if plugs up to the existing engine loom without any mods(possibly would just plug and play)

She's a column manual so I'm not too worried about the hole. I'm abit tired and all so do you mean the actual hump for the transmission or something else. Sorry once again. I was thinking just cluster swap with all the gauges and that. She also doesn't have a tacho or any fancy things like that so is it going to be difficult to wire them in mainly the tacho, she's got a speedo, engine temp, fuel gauge and that's it 

1 minute ago, Melba toast xf said:

She's a column manual so I'm not too worried about the hole. I'm abit tired and all so do you mean the actual hump for the transmission or something else. Sorry once again. I was thinking just cluster swap with all the gauges and that. She also doesn't have a tacho or any fancy things like that so is it going to be difficult to wire them in mainly the tacho, she's got a speedo, engine temp, fuel gauge and that's it 

yeah hump on the floor for the gearstick to clear.  get an XB to XE one that screws on and it's simple

all the wiring is there for a cluster swap. just add the oil sender in place of the switch on the motor

1 minute ago, Melba toast xf said:

Wait so it's only partly there? Fuck me it might be a bigger job then I thought.

i'll see if i can find a pic from @CHESTNUTXE thread for the hump, he's recently done the same job

5 minutes ago, Melba toast xf said:

Wait so it's only partly there? Fuck me it might be a bigger job then I thought.

see the black part the T bar is bolted to,  without that you'll have too much gearbox poking through the tunnel to deal with

16964783439865040867295894170928.jpg