jca25

Stand alone wiring

Hi guy's

So I'm pulling a au motor for the new race car build which is a bf, so I'm looking for options on getting rid of all the crap I don't need like smart lock, just need to run the computer for timing and ignition and that stuff.

So fire away on what I can do please

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

You can do away with it all and use an e series distributor with a msd or ice ignition to control timing, or a modified crossflow distributor if you want a purely mechanical distributor, that's assuming you're going carb?

You can do away with it all and use an e series distributor with a msd or ice ignition to control timing, or a modified crossflow distributor if you want a purely mechanical distributor, that's assuming you're going carb?
Hey Thom, we are keeping the fuel injection system due to the rules for the class it will be running in, or that definitely would be the way I would be going, and unfortunately, at this time I can't afford a heltech system to run so looking for the cheaper option for now

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

A j3 chip in the stock ecu would be your best bet, although if you look up bill hooten on bookface he does stand alone looms, one of his options is to retro fit a barra loom and ecu to the sohc 4.0