Odd

Will a C6 fit a 250 Crossflow

Hey guys, may have the option to get a C6 AUTO. Do they fit the crossflows? Wil they fit in my xe wagon? Can they be made column shift?

Apologies if it has been said somewhere already, couldn't find an answer and needed an answer pretty quickly. 

Cheers.

I don't think there are c6 to 6 cylinder bellhousings, Ford did make a c4 to 6 cylinder bellhousing though, AFAIK c6 only came with big block and small block bellhousings with the small block variant being pretty rare compared to the big block version

Cheers mate, appreciate the reply. C4s seem to be the best just not cheap which is why I'm hunting an alternative (I'm a student), also doing an N/A build so don't need oodles of strength. 

Would an FMX bolt to a crossflow?

Is there a way to setup column shift on an FMX?

I've seen threads with BTRs on crossflows, which may be another option.

So FMX or BTR, seem to be the two cheapest strong options currently.

Cheers mate, appreciate the reply. C4s seem to be the best just not cheap which is why I'm hunting an alternative (I'm a student), also doing an N/A build so don't need oodles of strength.   

Would an FMX bolt to a crossflow?

Is there a way to setup column shift on an FMX?

I've seen threads with BTRs on crossflows, which may be another option.

So FMX or BTR, seem to be the two cheapest strong options currently.

Sorry neither of those autos have a bellhousing to suit crossflow, years ago I did hear of a "factory" crossflow btr but I later found out that it was a bellhousing someone had made and tried to pass it off as a factory piece, as far as trans options for a crossflow using factory parts you are limited to what was available in 3 speed automatic xp, and xr to xf as they are all the same bellhousing pattern, so that's Borg warner 30/35 &40, c4, 3 speed manual (non synchronised 1st) synchronised 3 speed manual, 3 speed top loader, top loader, single rail, aisin 5 speeds that were in 3.3 xe's (made of glass) and t5's (good news is with the crossflow t5 bellhousing you can use any falcon 6 cylinder t5 from xf to el) anything else will need adapters or a custom bellhousing to work, ford changed the bellhousing pattern when they went ohc in ea so that rules out the later automatics, once you start talking adapters and modified torque converters the price of a c4 becomes far more affordable