SydSpring

External fuel pump

Hey guys,
Working on a barra swapped Xf
I'm going to use an external inline fuel pump - the EFI fuel tanks seem to be pretty rare to find
Has anyone used an external pump with the carb tank and where did you mount it?

Is it as simple as plumbing the pump to the fuel delivery line - Does it use siphon and gravity to feed the pump?

Thanks!

Hey guys,
Working on a barra swapped Xf
I'm going to use an external inline fuel pump - the EFI fuel tanks seem to be pretty rare to find
Has anyone used an external pump with the carb tank and where did you mount it?
Is it as simple as plumbing the pump to the fuel delivery line - Does it use siphon and gravity to feed the pump?
Thanks!
I have a Barra swapped LandCruiser, it has two fuel tanks. The main tank has an internal pump, but the sub tank just has an external inline pump and it works with no issues. I believe it's a more off the shelf version of a Bosch 044.

Haven't had any issues with it, I think once fuel is sucked into the house and pump as long as you don't let it get dry you'd be fine. Even if it does go dry I'd guess it sucks it back up when refilled, but fuel flow is what lubricates electric pumps.

On 4/21/2023 at 8:29 PM, Mr Polson said:

I have a Barra swapped LandCruiser, it has two fuel tanks. The main tank has an internal pump, but the sub tank just has an external inline pump and it works with no issues. I believe it's a more off the shelf version of a Bosch 044.

Haven't had any issues with it, I think once fuel is sucked into the house and pump as long as you don't let it get dry you'd be fine. Even if it does go dry I'd guess it sucks it back up when refilled, but fuel flow is what lubricates electric pumps.

Thanks, I'll go ahead with the external pump :) 

3 hours ago, BTS666 said:

Will the standard pump feed a surge tank for a barra? Or will it not keep up with a efi pump. 

Do you have carb or efi?