Sign in to follow this  
motoSycho

MSD Streetfire Hookup

First of all. Fuck I hate electrics and wiring. I don't understand it, and it confuses and frustrates me.

I have the MSD Streetfire setup. I figured I would hook it up for shits and giggles as it will be a few months before I even look like getting started on doing the 302 swap.

I have no idea how to hook it up. I don't seem to have anything resembling the options in the instructions.

I don't have the original EST distributor anymore. I have the earlier XE HEI vacumn advance dizzy,,,,,,,,, I think.

This is the guts of it.

313416743_10160500312959516_3493618034499684313_n.jpg

So how the hell do I hook this up to the MSD box?

I have worked out the main power and earth to the battery, the 12V ignition power and tacho wires, and the wires to the coil. But no idea how the distributor hooks in.

This is what is under the cover.

So do I remove the module, hook the beige and green wires to the red and black (and in what order), and then hook the red and black to the green and violet magnetic pick up wires that come out of the MSD box?

313982385_839116647521542_7582302323842494377_n.jpg

As I posted on Facebook but will post here as well incase anyone else wants to see wiring diagram,

XE style is MAG pickup, you'll also need to cut the RED looped wire that comes out the box for 6 cyl firing

nt5dLvp.jpg