Sign in to follow this  
adrianphu123

Brake vibration

Hey guys

Something thats been happening recently, when slowing to a stop at low speed, clutch engaged and transmission in neutral. I've been getting a vibration through the body of the car. It doesnt happen often, pretty rarely actually but it'll get your attention when it occurs. I've also noticed an occasional rubbing noise when taking off from the lights, almost like a high spot on the rotor since sometimes it happens once or twice, like the pads are hitting a high spot on the rotor. The two might be related, i don't know. Im running XF brakes in the rear but will probably be switching to an ED diff setup in the near future.

Any ideas?

Brake related work over the past year:

All calipers recoed, new slotted rotors, new pads, new hoses, new master cylinder, new fluid

yeah valid point but would depend on speed also hence why it happens everynow and then that was my experinece anyways speed factored the vibration one way would be to check surface of rotor with straight edge and see if there is a high spot quick machine all good

Had DBA rotors, warped, straight out the box ! Had them machined and lasted for ages.... :rolleyes:

Also, vibration could be tyre balance, uni joints, centre bearing, tie rod ends, shockies.............sorry, I know that doesn't help.