Menice

Brake Lines

Hey guys going to attempt to make my own brake lines for my XE soon so i'm after a little bit of info, if anyone has a good diagram of the route for the lines and the thread type thats used as well would be really helpful. The car doesn't have any lines in it atm so i'm working with a blank canvas which makes it hard... Thanks in advance

If you run it were they did from factory you will need round abouts 10-12 mtrs depending on your bends you do make the one going up the tunnel in two peices so it joins at the bellhousing that will make it easier to put in and if its stock brakes the tube nuts shout be a p5555 tube nut with a double flare, sorry can't remember the numbers on the metric nuts if u have put the e series diff in as you need the for the diff

cheers for that info, i'm buying 2 rolls (7.6m/25ft each) so should leave me enough to practise my bends and and flares, and any errors i make... I'd like to try to keep the front lines as close to factory as possibly but may get the personal touch to keep it looking clean once i get an idea how they're run. The diff in question is a shortened 9inch so i'll make that section to suit, how it runs down to the diff i'd need to see how it was from factory first but like the front section it may get modified to suit my taste's as well.

Definitely need to find thread sizes (master cylinder in particular) as i can't buy the tube nuts and any other bit's i might need till then, worst case is i get a master cylinder and take it to nut and bolt place to find out

Master cyl is the p4285 nuts with a ball flare just had check on mine again

productimage_3012.jpg?width=800&height=6

The front brake hoses are the p5555 nuts with a double flare

productimage_3011.jpg?width=800&height=6

and the rear should be the same nuts if they are the 9'' calipers

Master cyl is the p4285 nuts with a ball flare just had check on mine again

productimage_3012.jpg?width=800&height=6

The front brake hoses are the p5555 nuts with a double flare

productimage_3011.jpg?width=800&height=6

and the rear should be the same nuts if they are the 9'' calipers

So the first one's are what bolt into the master cylinder correct and its saying single flare but your saying its a ball flare thats used? and the second lot is for hardline to brake hose, which is double flare?

They look to be the same thread type which makes it easier, if they are different to suit the single/double/bubble flares i'll just make them all the same as i'm making the rubber/braided lines as well and can do them to suit what ever flare

If you get stuck I have the engine out of my sedan that you can come and take pics of or I can come over to your place and you can look/measure my wagon both are XE

It's going into shop very soon, mates actually having an open day on the 7th November, so you can come up then and we can have a good gander... Might have started on it already but if you got kids or anything he's gonna have jumping castle and dance machines etc etc can make a day of it and can finally meet ya and thank you in person for the help in parts for my old ED lol

So the first one's are what bolt into the master cylinder correct and its saying single flare but your saying its a ball flare thats used? and the second lot is for hardline to brake hose, which is double flare?

They look to be the same thread type which makes it easier, if they are different to suit the single/double/bubble flares i'll just make them all the same as i'm making the rubber/braided lines as well and can do them to suit what ever flare

Yea mate first ones are right p4285, its just depends on who you talk to on what they are called, a ball flare is a single flare 

If you do the braided line get them made by a shop that way they get tested to the right presser and they will do them in the double flare.

They are the same thread it will only change if you go to a e series calipers 

You will also use the p5555 nuts on the joiner for the line goin to the diff 

It's going into shop very soon, mates actually having an open day on the 7th November, so you can come up then and we can have a good gander...

Is that the same shop I dropped the parts into before? If so I can drop into the shop so the guys can have a look at my wagon before hand. Happy to come on the 7th as well sounds like fun.

It's going into shop very soon, mates actually having an open day on the 7th November, so you can come up then and we can have a good gander...

Is that the same shop I dropped the parts into before? If so I can drop into the shop so the guys can have a look at my wagon before hand. Happy to come on the 7th as well sounds like fun.

Nah this one is closer to me, it's at Logan Village.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yea mate first ones are right p4285, its just depends on who you talk to on what they are called, a ball flare is a single flare 

If you do the braided line get them made by a shop that way they get tested to the right presser and they will do them in the double flare.

They are the same thread it will only change if you go to a e series calipers 

You will also use the p5555 nuts on the joiner for the line goin to the diff 

Awesome thanks heaps for that, will get under and see what I've got left to work with. Might have the lines on diff but if going from rest of the car it may be a complete redo haha

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk