mcfly94

XF sedan with venetian

Always wondered how they fitted and how difficult it is to install them, i have a custom 12mm mdf parcel shelf, still possbile to fit them?

its pretty easy, the legs slide under the window rubber from the inside. There are holes in the venetian that you can stick a screwdriver in and wedge it in a way that both pushes the venetian against the window and drives the legs upwards and under the rubber. Its hard to describe.

Your parcel shelf is custom so theres no way for anyone to know if it will interfere or not. if anything, just make a new parcel shelf to accommodate

I have a white one in mine and its hard to put it in without scratching the paint because it is a tight maneuver to get it into position

venetians are a bit of a mission to fit not too difficult though. you have to remove headrests or just remove the rear seat to fit them in, the bottom legs go down to the bottom window rubber and the top ones wedge in the top window rubber. then just tighten the screws and secure them and its done :)

The downside to these old beauties is the legs that hold it in, the ones that push in-between the window and rubber, these cause a lump on the window rubber which can lead to water getting in. but they do look shmick.