Nath

Suspension Issues

What is the part number on the King low springs you have fitted? And is the engine cast or alloy head crossy?

I would have to look the part number up. Engine is an alloy headed Windsor.

What is the part number on the King low springs you have fitted? And is the engine cast or alloy head crossy?

FOR-503SL to suit an XD

Looking at the king springs catalogue it seems that the finish height of the car is really the only difference. For example the listing for xd-xf wagon is identical to ea-ef wagon except for standard height, the au/ba wagon has same part numbers for raised and standard height as ea-ef wagon but au/ba low is the same part number for super low in xd-ef wagon. According to the list the entire au/ba ute series do not share one single common part number with any other ford with leaf springs, but again that may only be due to height or load rating.

I did notice that the super low version for xa-xc sedan was the standard height XD part number, likely due to the additional weight?

When comparing my new SL leaves to the original the difference is massive, the thickness of the individual leaf, how the spring alignment clamps are actually riveted through the leaves, not just a metal strip wrapped, 5 leaves vs 4, the car is stiff but the ride is better and not bouncy like the originals etc.

In my opinion they were worth every cent.

For a XA- XD sedan with a 6cylidner  cast iron head the springs you should use is king springs KFFL-01, if you have alloy head crossflow then you run KFFL-00. XGs with the 4litre should run KFFL-01 as well. So if you have are X series with a Barra or SOHC 6 i would run the KFFl-01 springs.