Sign in to follow this  
uterus

acclerator cable

Ok i need sum info im let to believe that the engine in my f100 is a 351but without taking of the sump im never going to know for sure and according to auto 1 here in geraldton my model didnt come out with a 351 only 302 but my problem is trying to get an accelerator cable are the both engines the same when it comes to the cable? I need one as when i drop my foot you can feel it sluggish and bunching up and not flowing into the sheeth but if you ease the accelerator on very slowly its not bunching up at the carby i just want to buy a new one and didnt think it would be this hard.

Same cable mate

As for 302 or 351 pull the dipstick, pull a spark plug, sit the dipstick in the hole wind the engine till the piston is at bottom dead centre (piston down as far as it goes) mark the dipstick. Now wind the engine to top dead centre (piston right at the top) and mark the dipstick in the same place again

Now messure the space from the top and bottom mark, 3 inch is a 302 3.5 inch is a 351 its that simple :) 

oh well thats easy i will be trying that in the morning and the guy at auto 1 was making me out to be an idiot. i hate that shop but my other choice is repco, supercheap are s@#t and covs are usless so im thinking ebay it is. thankyou mate i appreciate it very much.