Sign in to follow this  
XTREME KARTS XF

Thermoquad tuning

Hey fella's

I need help with getting my 302c to run and idle properly with the Thermoquad carby. Now its a cunt to start when hot and theres no choke so by pouring fuel down the mouth it fires up when its hot.

It wont idle properly in drive and it stalls then its a cunt to fire up again and it idle's high when its in park and neutrel, i dont have a tacho hooked up ether.

I have a vacuum gauge and when its in park/neutrel the needle points towards late ignition timing, its set at 8 degrees.

I really dont wont to go through with the bullshit with the 600 Holley, it runs fine with the Holley but it needs kitting and i want fuel economey, my 302c isnt a mild performance or a race motor.

Can anyone help me out? Like where should i start from etc?

Could be your accelerator pump plunger. Gives it a quick squirt from idle. If she's a stocker, try retarding back to 6 degrees.

Trust the vac gauge, rather than the balancer marks. Throttle return spring is wrapped around the shaft, inside the carby, so kinda hard to adjust.

Got any vacuum leaks? Can get a manual choke fitted, if ya like.

Could be your accelerator pump plunger. Gives it a quick squirt from idle. If she's a stocker, try retarding back to 6 degrees.

Trust the vac gauge, rather than the balancer marks. Throttle return spring is wrapped around the shaft, inside the carby, so kinda hard to adjust.

Got any vacuum leaks? Can get a manual choke fitted, if ya like.

I think your right about the plunger, was told that the carby was a good one and it caome off a running engine. try opening the throttle and it doesnt sound right, it sounds like a forklift LOL. I cant hear any fuel being squirted down the carby.

Original part was a leather bucket or cup, and there is a check valve (one way valve) below that. ( I think?) If you can, replace the enitre pump plunger and bucket with a newie, and the check valve with a brass jobbie. Should all be available online/carb shop.