scottly

Ford Fg dohc with a ba sump questions

Hey guys I'm going to start a fg turbo conversion into my xd sedan and I am wondering when you bolt the ba sump on do you have to move the location of the dipstick to the front? If so how do I go about getting the metal bung out that is blocking the hole does it push threw or does it need to be pushed from the inside out?

If any one could shed some light on this topic it would be great thanks Scott

post-227-14112805389377_thumb.jpg

Hey mate thanks for the reply, I have made the sump fit I had to grind down a small section of the casting at the back of the sump to clear the fg windage tray.

I have not been out in the garage for a few days, I still need to know if I have to move the dipstick to the front location I have not

Measured or dummied up yet and if I do I need to find out how to remove that factory bung used to block it off?

thanks for the reply mate,  I have not done this yet but that's the way I assumed it would be done reverse the way it went in. do you remember if it hits the windage tray when the dip stick goes in the front hole in the block?

will do mate cheers, I know the ba windage tray has a hole in it where the dip stick goes threw and the fg one does not. I will upload photos in my build tread when I do more work on this engine and find out what works