Sign in to follow this  
scottly

thermoquad base settings for start up

hey guys, I don't really know much about the thermoquad carbs other than there is shit ever where on them, i am wanting to know just some base settings before start up.

would it be ok to block all the vac ports off and just run a fuel line to the carb? or does it need specific ones hooked up?

also is there a setting for the fuel adjusting screws eg 2 1/2 turns out from all the way in?

the car only has to run long enough to set the timing and be moved from front yard to back yard .

any info would awesome or a link  thanks

Yeah just crank her over with a couple of pumps on the accelerator. Idle screws won't matter much when it's running cold and choke is on.<br /><br />If you have a barb on the fuel inlet you're set, if not, you're up shit creek. They're a funny thread that is specific only to Carters, and can't be bought at your average parts store. The factory one has a built-in gauze that can block up.<br /><br />Carbies are simple animals, all you need is fuel, throttle and vacuum (a good seal). Plug up all of the vac hoses and it should run no probs.

thanks bud, it didn't have a barb fitting but I found a old fuel regulator with a dodgy plastic barb fitting that done the trick. then with a bit of aerostat i got it running not the best but enough for what I needed. cheers