Sign in to follow this  
zectorinc.

Ford xd

Just brought a 81 xd sedan auto with a six I want to keep it a 6 I want to keep it naturally aspirated how am I going to achieve more ponies and I want to fully upgrade diff brakes shocks the lot but want to keep her original at the same time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

From everything I have learnt from this site the main thing is budget. This will determine the level of power your engine produces and the level of upgrades other things like diff, brakes, transmission will require.

To start you could put on extractors and larger exhaust, change diff gears and get a better ignition system. From there the sky and depth of your budget is the limit.

Another key factor will be what the car will actually be used for, as in 50% race 50% cruise or 85% cruise 15% race. Be honest here and and you will not be disappointed, no need to have a 10 second drag car that never sees the track, it will overheat and will be a pig to drive on the street.

"change diff gears ."

any shop in se melb that does this swap? standard BW 6 cyl diff gears for a lower set?  and what set could I get that suits?

Cheers

A lot of it depends on the driving you want to do, if you are doing long highway kms then you might want 2:92 ratio diff gears or 3:23, the 3:23 will give faster acceleration but the engine will rev faster to do highway speeds. Being leaf spring rear end you could possibly get an xf ute diff with 3:23 gears in it and put that in for better acceleration. Should be around $100-150 for a complete housing and it's not hard to install yourself providing you have a few tools. Good luck.

cheers Ando, yeah 3:23 would be good, I only use the car sometimes to cruise around in.  will check around and if I get in going I will try and post up.