BBS XE

Front wheel noise

Hi guys, I've had a intermittent noise from my drivers front wheel for a while now, I think it's a wheel bearing I'm not completely sure. You can only hear it at less than 30ks and it usually happens after turning, it also usually goes away after using the brakes.

It sounds just like a rock in the tire or if you put a card in the spokes of a bike wheel. It changes speed with wheel speed.

There is not excessive play in the wheel. 

Should I just go ahead and buy these:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALCON-to-LTD-XA-XB-XC-XD-XE-XF-XG-CHEAP-FRONT-WHEEL-BEARINGS-2-WHEEL-KIT-/360653091938?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f8997462&_uhb=1

and replace the lot or is there something else I should check for first?

Thanks, Brendan.

jack it up check the bearings first, also make sure the little metal spacer plates are behind the pads, or if they have been glued back to the piston in the caliper,as a floating pad will give you the same noise

I jacked it up earlier and checked the play and spun the wheel around, seemed fine. I put the plates back in and used anti squeel adhesive stuff on the pads when I replaced them a few months back. The backing plate might be loose on one of the pads, I didn't think they'd make that sort of noise, I'll take the wheel off and have a look tommorow.

Thanks.

Haha, nah I don't like other people touching her, I'm getting the aircon gassed soon as well. I went through it the other day and got the wiring sorted out (had all been disconnected) so the clutch will kick in with the low pressure switch bypassed. Shop would've sorted it for no charge probably but I just didn't want them pulling trims off and risk damaging anything.

I'd say you're probably right about the spacer plates making the noise, I think I can remember them being a loose fit over the pad when I put them in a few months back. If I get a chance tommorow I'll have a look. Cheers.

Yeah LOL I think it's called: You Breaka My Car (or bike), I Breaka Your Face Disease  :P

I put some dynagrip on the back of the pads today so I'll see what happens. Fuel line was rattling around on the passenger side too cause the grommet had fell out, maybe that's what it was!