Sign in to follow this  
blackxt

impco 225 clean air / feed back ?

I've heard they are different....but have never had the two side by side to verify whether it's true. The IMPCO catalogue doesn't specify a different body for CA or FB models. According to the parts catalogue the differences lie in the material the metering valve diaphragm is made of and the metering valve itself. CA and FB valves have a visibly different profiles. I've installed a CA diaphragm into a FB body and it works great. Good power and good economy with a 4L OHC engine - around 450k per 68 litre tank with mixed driving - with a home "seat-o-the-pants' tune. One day I'll get a wideband set-up and do a proper tune.

Thanks for the info . My xg has a gas ring and the ute is off the road for a tidy up . Fitting a 1673 wade grind and just a tidy up in the ports . I'm going to bid on a 225 and converter thats feed back and ill just stick a clean air vavle in it. Later on I'm thinking broadband manifold and twin 225s.

My friend played with his car . Its a fairly hot 4ltr . Petrol tune he made and extra 50 HP by removing his 225 . There pretty restrictive. Thought was with two the engine should breath better . Don't so much need the gas but the extra flow.