Crebe

Wiper park position fix

hi, been trying to find information with pictures on how to fix my wipers park position. When i turn them off they allways stop 80mm from where they should park. I have the arms located so they wipe to the bottom and to the side of the screen but they just dont park correctly. Any help would be great. $495 for a rebuild sounds out of the question for now!

The arm mounted to the wiper motor could be in the wrong position, it might take a couple of tries but you should be able to pull it off the motor and re clock it in the correct position

Yes I see what ya sayin but when it wipes it goes to the correct positions , down close to the bottom stainless trim and then over to the side trim. Al looks good but when i turn off the wipers they return to a position h about 80mm to 100mm hi above the botom trim? Think something internal needs adjusting or cleaning?

Clocking the arm on the motor will still keep your current wiper travel, all it does is change the start stop position

I think that as the blades go close to both the bottom and side trims that clocking the arm on the motor would move the blade too close, or even hiting one trim and moving the other too far away. Its wiping perfect but parks wrong. I have pulled the wiper unit (Preslite) out and have found the arm on the motor is not on a spline which would make it easy to clock it the the correct position. What it has is a flat sided oval shape that locates it in two possible positions 180 degrees apart. If i swap that around it would put the wipers in upward position. I tried a wiper reconditioner in Qld but he was not willing to give info. I would like to know where and how the park position switch is and if i can tweek it. Any help appreciated

Further to what i have just said, after cleaning some crap and overspray paint off the arm where it connects to the motor unit, it turns out it may be on a sline as it now looks round not oval. Just have to hope the wD40 gets in enough to let me pry it off!

1 hour ago, Crebe said:

Further to what i have just said, after cleaning some crap and overspray paint off the arm where it connects to the motor unit, it turns out it may be on a sline as it now looks round not oval. Just have to hope the wD40 gets in enough to let me pry it off!

there must be an electrical connector that does something in the "park" position but i've never pulled one apart to see how they work

Deankfx, thanks mate. Yep I turn electrical stuff into smoke and broken bits you cant buy. Hope i can make the rite decision to either pull it apart or just put up with it.

16 minutes ago, Crebe said:

Deankfx, thanks mate. Yep I turn electrical stuff into smoke and broken bits you cant buy. Hope i can make the rite decision to either pull it apart or just put up with it.

i'd find another motor, can't be that hard to find another 
if i get a chance i'll type how to fix wiper park position into youtube, i'm sure it's been an issue before

I have tried to find UTUBE vids but the only park stuff is for other vehicles and they are just re fitting the wipers to different spots. Mine parks way before it gets to the end of the downward stroke. So if i move the blades to the botton once the motor has "parked"when i turn the wipers back on ot wants to wipe downwards a good 100mm befor starting to go back upwards. It has to be internal and to do with what trigers the motor to stop and park that needs some sort of adjustment or reset! If anyone knows if its safe to pull apart let me know how as a full reco is $600 plus! Shheeeiiit!