iamaelephant

How close is a XY transmission tunnel to fitting an XF?

3 minutes ago, iamaelephant said:

Previous owner has cut an excessively large hole in my transmission tunnel and I have struggled to fabricate a piece I'm happy with. I need to get it sealed up around my new T5. Does anyone know if a panel like this one might be close to fitting?

Ford Transmission Tunnel Cover XR XT XW XY Falcon ZA ZB ZC ZD Fairlane rust (kingswoodcountry.com.au)

not sure in the XR-XY one, but the XA to XE one is a direct fit and will clear a T5 if you position it right  (i had to slightly go back further from an auto one in My XE for T5) they are fairly flexible

there's one here i THINK(doesn't say what car it's from) for much much much cheaper than new 
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125663221724?hash=item1d421c97dc:g:eYQAAOSwpWhjmXtC&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwM8frLvz6bMrFipCVH%2B3M4QTruYbx8I2kCyv2AgP%2FoX8Ot8iBicEllDWXJonzkJ7nKBabwWBbTYvQRyX3SZ5iDsg6t1MvIqE2wJ0%2BYSdLVb8TVgUnhBlLzHY8NqsL67yglIT0Suq3pNbCwmYVi%2BGeceHjM6d7vmDWH7WcINvg%2FAGGhtynjhTARlrwcA5K5iUiaB%2FmhO9isHc5ogd0oQNV1pVXwIrAbr1I6HYrwZmzW3hEZuaIZNSuUL5jbrBBkKH8Q%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_SCoPHpYQ

45 minutes ago, iamaelephant said:

Oh that would be perfect, but I'm in NZ and I he won't ship internationally. But thanks for the info, it's something I can keep an eye out for locally.

you could have something made fairly easy i reckon if it didn't need to be original?  

plenty of competent panel guys in your land(no idea if close by)