Well it’s been 7 months from my last visit here, I got most of the body now welded. Only a few holes left and front frame rails, but I had to move the car 300 kilometers away. Need some pause since I quit my job and I’m going to finish school and maybe moving to some other place after that. So here is something I’ve done to my pony: I had to change all the plans I had for front end, since extending cars wheelbase isn’t allowed in here for road cars. I’ve played more with Harleys and in theory you could build a chopper with almost twice the original wheelbase in here, if it passes some handling tests (and is properly build, of course). But for example, extending cars wheelbase 5 cm you need to ask some permissions and write a ton of papers and wait for the answer, and after getting it you can actually do something (or not if it is denied for no given reason). I could go with the outlaw way and just be quiet, but yearly inspections may be hard that way and all the modifications will be marked up in next inspection, to get these for insurance. So I ended up purchasing BMW E46 k-member, spindles, shocks etc. and I’m building frame rails from 60mm x 80mm square tubing. (I’m not sure about the right word for these in English). They are still at machine shop waiting for holes to be drilled, I want to make this thing properly so I calculated k-member attaching points and they are CNC milled for the right places. The firewall is now all ready, I moved it total 15 cm, and now my engine sits nicely: The suprising thing with the BMW parts is that engine mounts don’t need any offset when engine is this far back. Almost like I would have designed it that way, but they just happened to be aligned. The other thing is they are super light compared to Ford parts. The car weights originally 1250 kg, with this front end and some other modifications it would be possible to get it ~1100 kg, or at least I hope so. BMW k-member with control arms weighted 11.7 kg and Ford part is 26.9 kg without control arms, maximum motorsports arms are 3.8 kg each, so there is almost 23 kg difference and I’m talking about three parts. Steering rack is alloy instead of Ford steel part, spindles are lighter so I can have the same unsprung mass with bigger brakes and I have a few glassfiber parts that save weight pretty much. So I might have hope. The downside is that I need to modify my valvecover to make oil filling possibly. This won’t be a problem if someone would sell crossflow head to me, because all this stuff in this topic is pointless if I don’t get this car running with crossflow. And some smiley here. I hope you can understand at least 10% of what I’m talking, it’s 3 am here when I’m writing this.