damo9999

distributor clearance on a bbm manifold

i have a bbm on my sohc 4 litre ,   but have no clearance between  manifold and dissy,,   its so close  i can't get leads on and its out of the car ....           is there different height dissy caps ,,  because the ones I have seen at the wreckers all have a little bit of room .even enough to get the cap off if need be ... i have triple checked to see if my dissy was in properly as well ..motor is ef and used to have coil packs , but have changed to dissy.....  it's so anoying i am thinking of going back to a log manifold ,  but then I will have to make up cruise control cable 

mate of mine when i asked him replied with this..

I have put 10+ EF motors with EF BBM and dissys
It can work for sure

asked what dissy cap and dissy you have? and if the oil pump drive is slotted into the dissy drive (dissy wouldn't be seated to the block if so)

i worked out my problem with the dissy.....  i have 5 sohc 4 litre dissys and 1 250 crossflow dissy...  i managed to put the crossflow dissy in,, which even though it sits on the block and even meshes with the gears just , it sits higher 

2 hours ago, damo9999 said:

i worked out my problem with the dissy.....  i have 5 sohc 4 litre dissys and 1 250 crossflow dissy...  i managed to put the crossflow dissy in,, which even though it sits on the block and even meshes with the gears just , it sits higher 

well that explains it.. i guess.. 

i thought i'd seen people had fitted them to ohc also with the BBM, but i could be wrong, there's a few types that maybe differ in height also(points with different shaft size, electronic with module alloy head XD XE XF, XF EST carby with map sensor, XF TFI Efi )