Sign in to follow this  
ZL.

EEC 4 AFM Overvoltage

So ive been working the gremlins out of this minty ZL ive owned for about 6 months now, and have done all the basics new gaskets, new filters, plugs,leads, new ECT,then the dizzy died, replaced that, then the coil died,then TPS died replaced these and found was leaking vacuum out of the brake booster so  swapped that out, then set the AFM to 1v on load pin seemed like it was sweet but same problem keeps occuring.

Runs fine under acceleration although is not running A1, but when you let your foot off the accel to coast along the idle will fluctuate sometimes by 500rpm and sometimes stall when you come to a stop, so i thought must be Idle solenoid sticky, cleaned it still the same. checked the fuel pump relay and found it was getting hot, swapped it, then the one next to it gets hot, swapped it now they get equally hot :/ so now i kept checking around with the multimeter to see any problems/voltage drop/bad earth's came back to the AFM and on the load pin reads 12v :o and all the pins had overvoltage from 8v to 12v so i swapped the AFM and still had the over-voltage issue so i thought must not be a faulty AFM possibly the ECU (last resort i know) so swapped that, and it did seem to make a difference, runs a bit smoother with this other ECU but still has this strange problem.

So from what i can gather the AFM is getting too much voltage somehow but intermittantly.

i have traced the wires a bit and they look fine.

Any ideas?