steveheffo

abs series 2 brakes into an au 1falcon ute

Hello everybody,
I think I need to fit the full au 2 abs braking system in my au 1 ute as I have installed an au 2 high series ghia dash etc. and have been advised by an auto elect that the ucu will now need to be able to see the abs system so my question is is there anything special I need to know I have the series 2 front end in as i wanted to have the better brakes so the lower control arms have been upgraded already ...... Thanks Regards Steve

the change over is a simple one ,if you have all the parts ,it is a basic upgrade ,if u have already fitted the wiring harness then its a case of plug n play, just make sure u use everything from the series two and swap it across, 

Lower control arms, sway bar brackets need to be mounted with extra holes drilled in the chasis rail (they are already filled with hex holts on the series 1), uprights and new sway bar. Should be right to go at that point. I would be making sure you are running braided lines as well.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the replies I have changed all the under car stuff that is mentioned, I am in the process of installing the series 2 engine bay wiring harness so my series 2 high series 2 dash works correctly so it all sounds pretty straight forward  so what is the deal with using braided brake lines will I be able to get these off a wreck or are they an after market thing and if so where do i get   them .... thanks again regards Steve