Trev Vaa

nitrous and e85? whos played with it

going e85 for my next build its looking like

now ive played around with nitrous before, but never while running e85, i've used it with gas and with methanol in a wet shot,

have now decided to stick to a methanol wet shot, don't need to retard the timing at all when you hit the button. (not on pump fuel anyway)

so

e85 for normal running 

whos put what fuels into the wet shot and how did it go with the e85?

i've noticed you can now get e85 jets.... but i don't know how tempremental it would be in the difference between US grade e85 and AUS grade e85 even with the race fuels, doesn't bother me spending $4 a litre for race e85 for the nitrous fuel setup, but e85 can be violently different from brand to brand...

if it helps at all im running an NX plate S.A.F.E. setup FYI max shot size will be 200hp

you'll be waitin a while dude, gotta get the xc back on the road first.... still trying to work out how much compression i can wind into it before the e85 gives out... i was hoping 13:1 but i dont think that will be acheivable with the mild setup i'm running.... i think ill be lucky to get 12:1 tbh.... might start with a really thick headgasket (.095") and work my way down (aim .027") and see how far i can push a mild e85 motor...

i've read the same thing regarding e85 with nitrous, the only issue ive got is what kind of E85 the jets are tuned to... brand etc.... i've used sucrogen, cheetah, sunoco & powerplus had awesome results with all of them.... i also cant find anyone with first hand experience....

ill be running united pump e85 for the day to day running of the car, but im guessing the fuel jets in the nitrous system will be designed for something more finely tuned... i was hoping to get away without a timing retard module.... might have to get one in this case...

Got any links to these E85 jets? I found it very difficult to find any info on direct port jetting chart for e85 and 55-60 psi..