Sign in to follow this  
Supersnake

Tool to remove power steering pulley

Hey guys, does anyone know if this kit from ebay will remove the pulley from a saginaw pump with a press on pulley?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12Pcs-Power-Steering-Alternator-Pulley-Puller-Installer-Kits-/221351954667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33899ac8eb&_uhb=1

Also, does anyone know where I can get an adapter for the XD high pressure line to mate up to the later saginaw pump?

It's nothing like mine but it might do the job. It's cheap enough but.

Last time I replaced mine, (about 10 years ago) the removal tool was about 80 and the installation tool about 65.

If you're in Melbs I can do it for you. 

Try Ford for the adaptor or Enzed or Pirtek. Enzed Bayswater used to make them for me in batches of 20  when I was doing them full time, when the Ford price went through the roof, but it would be a slow moving part for them now. 

Thanks for that mate, for the price I might give it a go, not many people seem to be in the know about this conversion even though everyone seems to have it lol

I'll have a ring around for the adapter, the one I've had in the past was a brass block. Are they the ones you know of? If anyone has one laying around I'm happy to buy it of you.

I've got one nos Ford one but saving it for a rainy day. They're just a mild steel hex bar with a thread in one end and a tube brazed in at a right angle in the other end. Cad plated, def not brass.

It's almost easier to just replace the hp line with a late XE/XF line.