Melba toast xf

Swapping 4l into xf

I hit a roo in my pano this morning and wrote it off but the motors still in perfect condition and has a few mods done to it so it'd be a good candidate for my xf. What will I have to do to be able to swap it?

Just got back from picking her up we had to bend her back into shape so she'd drive. it keeps telling me the photos won't load but my internet's been dodgy for a couple days so we'll see if it works.

Xg or xh pano?, if its xg you have everything l, if its xh you'll need either xg engine mounts or modify some crossflow engine mounts, with either you'll need to modify the radiator mounts to suit the xf core support, you'll probably benefit from swapping the diff out of the donor car too, it isn't quite as simple as I've jut said but if you've changed an engine before it's not much harder, physically bolting running gear in is the easy part, swapping wiring looms, getting a shifter sorted and making the dash work is the hard part and may require a little bit figuring

13 hours ago, Thom said:

Xg or xh pano?, if its xg you have everything l, if its xh you'll need either xg engine mounts or modify some crossflow engine mounts, with either you'll need to modify the radiator mounts to suit the xf core support, you'll probably benefit from swapping the diff out of the donor car too, it isn't quite as simple as I've jut said but if you've changed an engine before it's not much harder, physically bolting running gear in is the easy part, swapping wiring looms, getting a shifter sorted and making the dash work is the hard part and may require a little bit figuring

It's xg, I've swapped a different 250 into it before. I'm going to swap the diff and exhaust too and already have a radiator all set up for it. I'll keep you guys posted and I'll definitely be asking more questions