Melba toast xf

Side exhaust legalities

Okay this is a little outlandish but I've grown up on 70s and 80s american movies and alot of these involves muscle cars with jacked up rear ends and huge fuck off exhausts and I quite enjoy that style (don't shoot me haha) and i was thinking of chucking side exit exhuasts on melba toast (my xf ute) and was thinking what's the legality of it all because i know they're legal to an extent in nsw but no website will tell me the specifications to have this all legal. And is it really worth it to look like a million bucks. Now I'll be doing this in conjuncture with engine mods so I'm not a complete p plater wanker. Also should I revamp the whole system like should I put glass packs in. I've already got headers sitting in me shed which is a must have if i do say so myself so if I were to do this are glass packs the go and what ever stuff can I do to the system. Also can I get a rear lift for my old leaf springs and how impacted will my handling be? Also the attachment below is the side pips I have in mind

Thanks again and I hope everyone is doing well 

Screenshot_20240419-205552_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Melba toast xf said:

Okay this is a little outlandish but I've grown up on 70s and 80s american movies and alot of these involves muscle cars with jacked up rear ends and huge fuck off exhausts and I quite enjoy that style (don't shoot me haha) and i was thinking of chucking side exit exhuasts on melba toast (my xf ute) and was thinking what's the legality of it all because i know they're legal to an extent in nsw but no website will tell me the specifications to have this all legal. And is it really worth it to look like a million bucks. Now I'll be doing this in conjuncture with engine mods so I'm not a complete p plater wanker. Also should I revamp the whole system like should I put glass packs in. I've already got headers sitting in me shed which is a must have if i do say so myself so if I were to do this are glass packs the go and what ever stuff can I do to the system. Also can I get a rear lift for my old leaf springs and how impacted will my handling be? Also the attachment below is the side pips I have in mind

Thanks again and I hope everyone is doing well 

Screenshot_20240419-205552_Chrome.jpg

the last i heard about side exhausts, (20yrs ago at min) it just needed to be a certain distance from the door(30cm rings a bell) and be under the noise limit and have some heat shielding (those pictured could pass if you had a muffler before them)

high utes handle pretty crap, so you need to decide how crap you can live with. 

i'd say ask your pink slip person and an exhaust mob