Well the engine that came with my new shop ute has a munched cam bearing (number 2) so it is time to finally put together the 'Mad scientist' crossflow.  This engine will be pieced together from left over crossflow bits from my speedway career and general hunting and gathering.   Here is quick run down;   Yella Terra street terra bolt on adjustables on a D head with moderate porting and a multi angle seat cut.  Not really sure on the head flow figures but the engine it was on made 270rwhp on fuel so good enough.   Bottom end will be a 78DA block, .030 that I picked up locally for $20.  It is honed and fitted with new cam bearings and the crank is unbalanced.  Slugs will be ACL 8.5cc (now 10cc thanks to inlet reliefs) 200 rod pistons on balanced 200 rods with ARP rods bolts.   Camshaft is a very old CROW 619 Hydraulic.  Not ideal but it is what I have and I want to finally use it.  I have a new set of Clevite anti pump up lifters so they will go in with a one season old Rollmaster Double Row Timing chain.  Pushrods will be a set of tapered XC factory units (they are strong little buggers).   The Shop ute cam with off the shelf Lukey extractors and I have fitted a press bent 2.5" exhaust with a singe muffler (no resonator) that I had lying around. Compression should end up at 10.3:1 and I will be running an Aussiespeed 2 barrel manifold with a Keith Dorton 350 Holley initially.   The plan is to build and run the engine like this and once it is 'run in', I will dyno it and see what we end up with.  Then I will change to a reco 500 Holley and see what happens on the dyno.    I have a dirty old CAIN four barrel manifold here and a 600DP so that will also make it's way on in the future and if I can con a new Aussiespeed 4 barrel out of Mark I will test them back to back to show how superior the Aussiespeed unit is.    Whole object of this engine is to show people what can be achieved with careful parts hunting and scavenging.  It wont be an all time horsepower king, but it will be fun.  I will update this thread with results so stay tuned.