Sign in to follow this  
jamie247

f100 9 inch

hey guys would a f100 81-87 model 9 inch diff fit into a xe I got a mate that knows a guy who has one complete disc to disc for $750 but I need to act fast

Nah man, it'd need modding like fuck.

It's way too long. it's leaf spring.

You could cut down the axletubes, then the axles, then redrill the PCD and turn down the spigot, then weld on new brackets.

Not a 10 min job

There's one on ebay, dear as fuck.
Consider getting one built.

I'm in the same position, if you get prices, post them here, I'll do the same

ok bud yeah by the time you get the housing then the centre and splines etc it's a hefty expense but well worth it man you cannot break em

I sent him a message and this is what he said

Well yes. But if you currently have a drum brake rear then you will need to change the brake master cylinder to a disc rear type, and you will need a disc type hand brake cable. Then depending on what your current diff gear ratio is and the ratio of the 9 inch centre you use you may need to have the speedo reset to suit.
But yes this is a straight bolt on conversion to suit.

Yep. I'd still shop around.

Also, one thing he didn't mention is that it's made for the E-series. It's no big deal, but their brake lines are metric, ours are imperial.

Speak to XM-221, he knows a guy who makes the perfect hose for the job.

Personally I wouldnt use this, I see no reason to go to a 9" and keep 28spline axles.

At the very least you'd want 31. Mate Jonesy was down into the low nines using modified factory F100 axles.

I'll be going for 35spline axles, so I'll be looking for a house with the axle tubes and bearings to suit.

wonder where you can buy a complete kit diff the whole lot for ford xe i'm going a 393 so I want a 9 inch and maybe t5 or toplaoder to suit

just got onto rocket they have diffs/gearboxes etc i'm thinking a tko amd disc rear diff of some sort couldn't be bothered hunting a 2nd had el t5 or diff so i'll just buy new I think then I know what I got may even buy my engine through them also

probably b tko500 I don't know shit about doing this conversion let me tell you all new to me I can do brakes etc but drivelines just confuse me LOL

I had a TKO500, but sold it, was a direct replacement for TL. even had a new yoke cos it has 31spline outputshaft.
You should be able to get one to simply bolt in

I got quoted today varying between 3500-3900 for a fabbed 9inch to suit xd wagon, 35 spline axles, full spool, 4.11 gearing etc etc... all big name parts... but with a big name price too considering its axle to axle no brakes :/

Go on xd xe xf falcons on Facebook I just had to rape out a huge explanation on what box to run I snapped the input shaft on my t5 maiden drive if you can call that I put it into reverse and tried to make it out of my drive way my 393 make just 600hp and 738ftlbs a four pinion eb xr8 diff will do run a tremec tko56 if your serious I run a TFI forged internals fully manualized c6 behind my 393 and a 9" as 70's effys had them stock

Tko 600 uses big block Chevy input shaft Sunbury brakes online can do clutches for them as well as Paul mulchae from extreme clutch and brake in bendigo

I know some one selling a 9" disc brake 3.0 LSD that would drop straight in for $1100 if you really want leaf diff from a xe ute

Got to remember too a 9" takes 40 horse to turn when you can go better and easier set up with a xh ute diff I have one in my ute spent 2 hours dropping it in yeah 9" are great dont get me wrong but not needed unless you're making big torque I run a Detroit trutrac LSD in my effy as I was blunting and rolling over teeth in stock LSD centers just my opinion but take the easier cheaper route as a 9" for you're set up would e over kill