DannyP

Late model XF seat mounts...

3aca87019e8f2bea5ed43e522e6c4f48.jpg

Hi team,

My ‘92 XF van has been full of hodgepodge bits and pieces. The more I pull it apart, the tougher it seems to get!

This is the latest head scratcher I’ve come across... both bucket seats seem to have been modified to fit (?) from another model.

I know that the floor mounts on later model XF vans/utes were brought up to speed with the E-series and XG/H we’re the same. However the rails on my seats seem to have had holes drilled into the inboard rail rear mount and have Bunnings bolts and a short piece of square tubing acting as a spacer.

My question is: what should they look like/how should the be mounted to the floor?? If anyone has any info or photos it would be greatly appreciated! Extensive internet searches have yielded poor results.a29f5bb0e7675c708d97907a2fb48f3a.jpg

d126db56730e4619701d81c41fca31a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 1989 -1993 XF and XG used EA to ED seats/mounts..  (XH used EF to EL seats/mounts) 

i'll see if i can google one up for you, but the seat belt mount was on that corner on buckets, but the bench still had stalks mounted to the floor. 

3 hours ago, DannyP said:

My ‘92 XF van has been full of hodgepodge bits and pieces. The more I pull it apart, the tougher it seems to get!

what seat is that in it(butchered) 

might be an XH/EF EL seat and why it's been "modified" to suit  

I'm really not sure what they're from deankdx... The photos I put up are of the drivers seat, the seatbelt mounts to the back R/H (looking forward) floor mount. Whatever it is, it's clearly rough as guts and a complete nuisance. I'm intending to do a bench seat swap or 3-seat conversion in the future but haven't had any luck tracking one down yet. Looks like I'll need to find some replacements anyway!

Really appreciate your help!

Dan

what seat is that in it(butchered) 
might be an XH/EF EL seat and why it's been "modified" to suit  

0d1c3dbb6bdf2d4f65b505e04a5895f7.jpg
Not sure if you can identify seats based on trim but here’s a photo.

4 hours ago, DannyP said:

Not sure if you can identify seats based on trim but here’s a photo.

yep, 
EF EL/XH seat 

can tell by the winders and headrest (someone could tell by the trim exactly)

these mount different due to the hand brake being moved to the console area on these cars.. hence the need to butcher it(can be modded to fit much much better though, no idea why they'd gone to that level of bodge)

i think if the seat bolt hole isn't butchered, finding EA to ED or 1989 to 1995 ute/van seats they'd be a direct SAFE fit up. 

be easier to find than a bench in good condition.. 

if you can find a wrecker with 2 good lefts and a drivers in the same cloth, you can swap the trim and foam from a left seat to the drivers.. (do it yourself or pay someone.  link here will give you a good idea of what's needed to do it.. )

Thanks very much mate. You’ve been a lot of help! I’ll track some down at some point. Plenty of rusty spots to fix in the drivers side floor to keep me busy for a while!

32 minutes ago, DannyP said:

Thanks very much mate. You’ve been a lot of help! I’ll track some down at some point. Plenty of rusty spots to fix in the drivers side floor to keep me busy for a while!

where are you located? there's some good facebook parts groups for X series fords. 

Sunshine Coast. There’s a few wreckers (that I know of) handy but mostly deal in XD/E/F sedans and wagons. Utes and vans tend to be sold as complete cars even if they’re in poor condition! I guess there’s a market so that’s a good thing.

49 minutes ago, DannyP said:

Sunshine Coast. There’s a few wreckers (that I know of) handy but mostly deal in XD/E/F sedans and wagons. Utes and vans tend to be sold as complete cars even if they’re in poor condition! I guess there’s a market so that’s a good thing.

yeah i'd recommend Scotty at  https://www.facebook.com/Xdfwreck for postable things for.. he's in Innisfail Qld, 

might be worth asking him anyway as he will ship anything anywhere from My understanding. 

Hey deankdx, you seem like a knowledgeable person so I might pick your brain a minute...

The drivers side floor pan is badly rusted (plenum chamber leak) and I’m having a bit of trouble finding a suitable cut via the usual channels... from what I can tell from research and photos, the floor pattern is pretty different between early XF and late XF/G and Rare Spares etc don’t carry the later pattern. Is this correct? Thanks.

40 minutes ago, DannyP said:

Hey deankdx, you seem like a knowledgeable person so I might pick your brain a minute...

The drivers side floor pan is badly rusted (plenum chamber leak) and I’m having a bit of trouble finding a suitable cut via the usual channels... from what I can tell from research and photos, the floor pattern is pretty different between early XF and late XF/G and Rare Spares etc don’t carry the later pattern. Is this correct? Thanks.

sorry i don't know, 

i learned from My first XE nearly 30yrs ago to check for wiper plenum rust before buying.. wet carpet = didn't buy. 

i've only changed carpet twice and i don't recall noting any difference but guessing you've confirmed it's different. 

contact Scotty XDF wreck in Qld(linked couple of posts above to facebook) and see if he has rust cuts for floors for the later ute.  i've had gemini floor sections posted from Brisbane to Melbourne, it wasn't too bad if scotty is in the same state to you it could be your best option. 

you could probably shape it out reasonably easy if you practiced, from new cold rolled steel if it's as basic as i'm thinking it is. 

Correct, the floors are quite different.

I have an XF wagon and a late XF ute, when you look at one to the other it's quite different in lots of little ways.

I think from about where the accelerator pedal mounts all the way down to the rear firewall was different, because Ford were producing the EA/EB at the same time as the XF utes and vans they made parts similar where possible.

Thanks fellas, that's a bummer. I'll just keep searching and obsessing until I find a good donor then I guess! Yes, I should've known better... I had a good dig around under the car when I was inspecting it and all looked good from that side... until the carpet came up. Vans are pretty hard to come by, especially in good condition at the right price. This one has its rust issues but the chassis and majority of the frame is clean. The pax side floor is spotless. Just a gaping hole in the plenum chamber and lots of gutter rust 🤪