Server maintenance Read more... ×
Marks XG

XG ute Borgwarner upgrade

Hey guys can anyone point me in the right direction and possibly a parts list to upgrade my existing 6 cylinder gli ute diff to a truetrak type deal with decent 28? spline axles. Hoping not to have to go 9 inch and to do the rebuild once, I’m also keen to find someone in Brisbane area to do the work or just supply the gear.

1 hour ago, Marks XG said:

Hey guys can anyone point me in the right direction and possibly a parts list to upgrade my existing 6 cylinder gli ute diff to a truetrak type deal with decent 28? spline axles. Hoping not to have to go 9 inch and to do the rebuild once, I’m also keen to find someone in Brisbane area to do the work or just supply the gear.

the XG diff is already 28 spline, they are pretty tough depending how much power you are planning on putting through it. 

probably better off ringing a few diff joints. see whether you even need a truetrack Vs the standard LSD option and what ratio you will want for your conversion also. 

8 minutes ago, deankdx said:

the XG diff is already 28 spline, they are pretty tough depending how much power you are planning on putting through it. 

probably better off ringing a few diff joints. see whether you even need a truetrack Vs the standard LSD option and what ratio you will want for your conversion also. 

No worries that’s good if they’re already 28 spline, I guess I’m not really sure how much power but I’m seeing that they survive plenty of abuse. I’m wondering how far people have taken these borgwarners before opting for a 9 inch.

Just now, Marks XG said:

No worries that’s good if they’re already 28 spline, I guess I’m not really sure how much power but I’m seeing that they survive plenty of abuse. I’m wondering how far people have taken these borgwarners before opting for a 9 inch.

not many use 9 inch these days. 

i'd ring a diff joint(several) and sort out the recommendations. 

need to mention what running gear you are planning to use, how much power you are wanting, if it's for drag, street etc use and that will probably dictate what ratio you will need/want also and then what type of LSD they use for that conversion if not the standard type. 

also depends on brakes you plan to use, because if you are upgrading rears it might be something that's not a bolt on for one but is for another

16 minutes ago, deankdx said:

not many use 9 inch these days. 

i'd ring a diff joint(several) and sort out the recommendations. 

need to mention what running gear you are planning to use, how much power you are wanting, if it's for drag, street etc use and that will probably dictate what ratio you will need/want also and then what type of LSD they use for that conversion if not the standard type. 

also depends on brakes you plan to use, because if you are upgrading rears it might be something that's not a bolt on for one but is for another

No dramas cheers, hoping to find someone in Brisbane who has experience with borgys and btr’s if possible. I’ve done the whole 9 inch powerglide thing in my old HK but wanting to do it a bit different, or not so different when it comes to falcon rears.

Stick with the borgy, XG has 28 spline (anything eb2 on does).  Hydratrack id take miss on and go an eaton trutrac, as long as ya not abusing it they hold 400 hp easy enough.

And 400 hp in these things is a fucking handful due to the light weight.