damo9999

sohc into xf

On 8/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, damo9999 said:

i wouldn't have thought  they would be different as well , but after looking at how the leads are hard up against the bottom of the manifold ,there just might be 2 different heights in dissy caps.     i might go to repco tomorrow and ask 

yes would like to know this also as i dropped an AU VCT motor into my XH Xr6 (having previous EL motor) and the the dizzy was a total pain, esp. when I put it in a tooth or two out and had to reposition it a few times.....

the build looks like a good one, keep the posts coming !....

well i have just ordered the plug and play microsquirt from efi source $475usd + post,     https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/microsquirt-for-1986-93-ford-5-0-mustang/                                                                                            just over $850aud for a fully programable computer i have used them before on a 2.7 litre kombi and a  ls1 turbo , and they work great for the money .     they are an entry level system ,but still have a lot for the money .... the one i got is for the 86 fox body mustang ,  same 60 pin plug as our falcons , and 98% the same pinouts as our falcon , the changes for it to work are...[from efi source ]..............          

here are the minimum changes that I can see that would be required:

- Make sure the unused pins 12-15 and 42 are indeed not populated with wires (these are all additional injector channels on the Mustangs)

- As this is an off-road use only ECU, it will not control any emissions equipment like the EGR/vent/purge solenoids.  Most of these pins are disconnected it the ECU, however there are a few used for other intended functions that might give you conflicts:

- Pin 31 is a PWM output intended for a boost controller output

- Pin 52 is meant for another injector output

- Pin 43 is meant for one of the factory narrow band O2 sensor inputs...........All of the other important things seem to be the same though - ignition, crank signal, idle valve, sensors, grounds, etc. .............. to run the btr i will be using a shift kits manual control for now ,,, then I will get another microsquirt to control the btr latter on ...... the easy thing with this setup is i can use canbus between both computers........ this  will all go in when i turbo charge it early next year . i will run it naturally aspirated first .

I'd be interested to see if you can get the BTR to give firmer shifts along with more rpm on board, also if there's an ignition cut/retard function on upshifts like BAs seem to have (or is that drive-by-wire throttle dipping) to reduce the "thump" you get with the upshift, and to speed up the shift without flaring or slipping.

I also wonder if any automatic shops out there that rebuild these have come up with a fix for the over-run clutch issue, where they let go at anywhere between 150 and 200k and from there you get zero engine braking (straight to idle). Even manual shifting makes no difference.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk