Server maintenance Read more... ×
jamie247

what brand brakes and suspension to buy

I found Pedders to be quite stiff, which is perfect around town or in the city, but because i'm in the country and have to put up with crap roads, i've gone to the much softer Kings (Super-low) and it rides heaps better, so i guess it comes down to your own driving environment. With brakes i have always ran DBA slotted rotors and have never had a problem, i only run them on the front as rears aren't really necessary IMO as they are really only an 'anchor' for the fronts which do more of the work in actually slowing a car. The standard discs get quite warm very quickly giving brake fade early, the slotted rotors seem to keep their cool for much longer than standard, which is important when you're constantly on/off the brakes (city) or slowing from 100km/h and downhill mountain type driving in the country.  :)

if you're planning on lowering the car, it's important to fit stiffer springs to compensate for reduced suspension travel.

otherwise you risk bottoming out of the suspension, which degrades grip rapidly.

king springs are fine for cruisers, but if you want to throw it around, get some stiffer springs.

Dba rotors, bendix pads. King springs and either monroe gt shortened shocks for the budget buyer or koni's if you want to spend that little bit more and get an amazing result.

Had Kings superlows all round in mine for a couple of years, included at least 12 months of it being a daily driver, pretty good springs and tyres don't scrub, running 15" Weld prostars.

Make sure you have travel between the upper control arm and bump stop and don't ride on the bump stops or it will drive like a bag of shit.

Actually I found they drive well due to next to no roll during cornering... But the ride was terrible :P