Mr Polson

Social/Chit Chat Thread

1,355 posts in this topic

Don't worry I've told him it has to be Ford powered to be able to be in here :P

He's still set on putting the 250 in it, not that he's looked into it much yet.

Sounds fine to me Scottee! When's the next holiday? :P

Lol, we're holidaying tomorrow, 6 hour drive north to rockhampton yeehaa  :D.

Next Hobart Visit will be Christmas 2014 i think lol

So anyone else going to the V8s this year?

I've never been to the whole event before, only the practises on the Friday as they've been free.

After I go to them I've got to get stuck into savings mode to get this new daily!

An I gonna be the only one posting in here? Haha.

V8s were good apart from the Holden dominance, Frosty came so close on Sunday!! Reynolds got wiped out pretty badly in the first race, was great to see him back on track for the second one!! (Not that he was very competitive).

Was a decent super bike crash on Saturday, and a big Formula 3 one!!

Biggest one was Scott Pye in the V8s, brake failure at 160+km on the start finish straight, massive hit into the wall!!

Anyway here's a few pics I grabbed at the Shannon's car show they had in the infield.

IMG_20130406_134602_zps844f8d17.jpg

IMG_20130406_134545_zpsdf44beb8.jpg

I love XTs, and this cream white GT is a fine example of one!!

IMG_20130406_134637_zpsb9ba7d4f.jpg

And this XB GT was out in the car park, rather than the car show!!

IMG_20130407_113635_zps4c1fa69b.jpg

IMG_20130407_113619_zpsf0e3dd7b.jpg

Also saw a GS XB panel van, and a mint XE Ghia, parked next to a mint XF Ghia!! But my phone was flat by then, and the camera I'd borrowed didn't work with the batteries I'd bought :/

staids likes this

Yeah, it was a cracker of a weekend. Good to see you there mate!

Also, I've linked up the Scott Pye accident. I had a front row seat to it all. The earth shuddered underneath us. It's amazing how much the barrier absorbed the energy from the crash. They're well built! I've got a whole new respect for Pye, that's for sure.

That coupe is a work of art. It's owned by one of the comms guys at work. He's a champion.

Yeah was good to see you too, tell you what I was about to turn around and give you a piece of my mind when you said "What a piece of shit" on Friday haha was all good when I recognized you.

Yeah was a big hit, was wondering if you was down at the hill when it happened! I was up at the hairpin, I had a front row seat to see Reynolds hit two Walls (haha).

Yeah the coupe was pretty sweet, insipration for you maybe? ;)

LTD083 likes this

Yeah was pretty big, ah well all over for another yeah. Considering saving up next year and heading over to Bathurst for the enduro, but that'd be a while away!!

Now that I finished spending money on V8Supercar merchandise I better save up and buy this new daily I'm getting!!

'Nova likes this

Yeah was pretty big, ah well all over for another yeah. Considering saving up next year and heading over to Bathurst for the enduro, but that'd be a while away!!

Now that I finished spending money on V8Supercar merchandise I better save up and buy this new daily I'm getting!!

Least there'd be enough room to cart it round in....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Mr Polson and 'Nova like this