lindsay.creighton

XE ESP - Retrosound

Hi Fitted a retro sound unit to My ESP as I was fed up with trying to keep the original units running. retro sound was easy as and gives me the option of bluetooth, Streaming from phone and easy to install.

pretty Awesome. My Son also fitted one to his XD Fairmont Ghia

Lindsay

I've considered one myself a few times, they seem excellent. Did it fit into the original mounting bracket without too much mucking around? Were you able to use the original fascia and knobs as well?

MacMan

my experience with fitting is a positive one and I Managed to retain the ESP Premium sound system facia and components (including the graphic equaliser). the pots fur tuning and adjustments can be moved to accomodate mating up to the cars particular layout. the unit is really compact and light and if you you feel the need you can buy sticks facia with ford logo. I ditched this because it caused difficulty reading the screen telling me what I am scrolling to or what radio station that I am on. I was able also to get XD/E type knobs but because of my set up with retaining the premium sound look of the dash I had to modify knobs slightly but they do work ok and In my opinion look a bit oversized compared to the facia of the radio unit. blue tooth and phone connectivity is good as well. My son fitted the same unit to his XD Fairmont Ghia.

Lindsay

The comment about expense. well around $500. Expensive, yes if you compare to garden variety piece of which requires modification to your vehicle I do not consider that expensive for the features you get. I assure you that I watch what I spend and only spend on things that I believe will be of sufficient benefit to make the purchase worthwhile.

Lindsay