RM351

XB Brake Proportioning Valve

Ok, I'm not sure about this one but I'm assuming these were used in XB GT's with rear drums? Or rear discs as well?

I replaced my XB ute drum rear end with a B/W disc brake out of an XC. So will I need this Proportioning Valve or not?

Ok, I'm not sure about this one but I'm assuming these were used in XB GT's with rear drums? Or rear discs as well?
I replaced my XB ute drum rear end with a B/W disc brake out of an XC. So will I need this Proportioning Valve or not?
You will need to reduce the flow to the back brakes, as it's set up for drum.
I have an OBP motorsport one here from England.
Yours for $120 Inc postage.
Was £52 plus customs and shipping.
1013b98385f14a4c72feef608db6da96.jpg69a91453855bbeee0778b0d79cdedcf8.jpg
It's a motorsport one, not some el cheapo.
Just put it on the line for the rears and restrict the flow to them.
Done.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 pro using Tapatalk

Hey mate,  have you driven the car since changing to disc brake rears? Do the rears lock up unusually under Heavy braking?

Some times the brake master cylinders are built differently from drums to discs,  you should only need to change the brake master cylinder to the a four wheel disc brake type and problem should be solved!

If your rear brakes are not locking up/ behaving strangely under heavy braking and providing that they still function correctly,  you may be able to leave the factory brake master cylinder.

that’s from my experience any way. 

Agreed.  Done the conversion on the XB, from drum to disc brake 9", haven't changed a thing.  Brakes hard and straight. Heard many stories about rears locking up, etc, but haven't had it on both conversions I've done. Fully rebuilt calipers from an XC/ZH, and new discs. 

3 hours ago, Outback Jack said:

Just put it on the line for the rears and restrict the flow to them.emoji106.png
Done.

Is there a way to know if it's adjusted correctly or do you need to do a trial and error thing?

2 hours ago, scottly said:

Hey mate,  have you driven the car since changing to disc brake rears? Do the rears lock up unusually under Heavy braking?

Car still a few months away from being driven so I thought before I do I need to find out whether I need this valve or not.

I've bought a new brake master cylinder, it's from Bosch Part No. P6258A so I don't know it's suitable  for 4 wheel discs or disc/drum only.

P6258A.jpg

Have you bought a booster yet?

I'm doing a booster delete on my lil car.

Maybe that sort of Master is like my old one, side and lower outlet for the fronts and one side one for the rears.

That and an adjustable length master cylinder rod kit ($120 Wilwood kit). Should pull up your car easy without all the vac hub bub to fail.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 pro using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Outback Jack said:

Like the guys said if it doesn't lock the rears when driving it will be fine.
But there's only one way to find out.,emoji469.png

No worries, try that first and go from there. 🙂

On 2/19/2022 at 9:01 PM, bear351c said:

Agreed.  Done the conversion on the XB, from drum to disc brake 9", haven't changed a thing.  Brakes hard and straight. Heard many stories about rears locking up, etc, but haven't had it on both conversions I've done. Fully rebuilt calipers from an XC/ZH, and new discs. 

Spot on yes . Done many the same XY , XA XC XD with the XC calipers and XF and no issues at all .

As long as you have the XC or XD front lever also for the handbrake you'll be sweet .

On 2/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, gregaust said:

As long as you have the XC or XD front lever also for the handbrake you'll be sweet

I have a cable specifically for XB handbrake to XC rear calipers.