CoreyDonchi

Xf ford au carb conversion wiring

dbabeb111ec89b7eb99d399151f94eb3.jpg

I’m doing my carb conversion on au 4.0 in my xf I have a xg loom and eb cluster what’s involved with wiring I was told it’s plug n ply turns out wrong. Am I best getting all internal wiring out of a xg and go from there or any tips

Cheers 06497668bf9aa9da0bf308c391a53a9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you mean just getting the EB cluster working in XF, then you can match all the wires up and fit it, but the fuel gauge is different to the XF sender(XF one may not even work at this age)

it was a major muck around when i did mine( EB cluster into XF), the cluster mounts in using the XG cradle and surround, i made mine plug and play incase i stuffed something up and could go back to the XF one, i butchered an XF GL cluster for the loom plug, then joined all the wires to it(nightmare lol)

**but then the fuel gauge is wrong, so what i did was fit the XF GL fuel gauge into the EB cluster, but it's polarity is backwards.. so i cut the tracks, bypass wires to opposite posts, and bypassed an internal circuit in the cluster(assume low level light stuff?) 

*****you could fit a universal fuel sender to bypass this, as the aftermarket ones are compatible with the EB cluster (but not XF)  

i did wonder about swapping the whole loom over, would also be a big job. still need the fuel sender in the tank swapped(or XG tank.. good tanks are probably hard to find due to rust also)

i'll see if i can find my notes on the cluster, but not likely to have it all 

Msd ignition programmable with a timing curve put in. I have done it before for a Crossy, same shite, different shovel.

I did a 600 Holley on[mention=3271]ashXFute[/mention] back in the day for him. Wasn't too hard.

That will get it running.

You would of been better off keeping the xf dash

Sent from my motorola edge 20 pro using Tapatalk

Mate, I would probably do that. Should be able to get an XF loom pretty easy.

Then all you got to fork out for is the msd ,leads and coil. Just rev limit it.

Trust me, it will save you a massive head ache of even getting the E series stuff to work. It was designed for fuel injection so will always be a shite with a carby...and you can get rid of the O2 sensor, put in a wideband O2 sensor and it will help you with your afrs when tuning the carb.

I do it by ear....but I'm Ol Skool.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 pro using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, CoreyDonchi said:

I guess I still could keep the xf dash but the harness I had was rubbish unless I pick another one up

i'll make a new thread up soon with the photos of what i did to get the EA-ED/XG cluster to work in XF but it won't be completed today at least. i'll link it here soon. 

(will be incomplete until i can either remember, find other threads on it or just figure out what i did) 

12 hours ago, CoreyDonchi said:

No rush at all dean cheers again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just took all these pics i had already on imgur.

it's either enough to get you into trouble or enough to see you through. (i shared these once before and someone figured it out, i'm not an electrician or electronics nerd)
@Crazy2287 has made a thread on converting an aftermarket universal fuel tank sender (in fuel tank) to work with the XD XE XF gauge, i think that sender he uses might JUST WORK AS IS with an EA EB ED XG cluster, so it might be worth fitting a universal fuel sender and leaving the EB cluster unchanged.