damien09@bigpond.com

efi 250 computer options

i have been looking at doing the el computer into my xf ute with a 250 efi xflow.

but from what i have read  its nothing but trouble or at the very least a bit of a headache .

so i have been looking around for an alternative ,

i have injected a few cars before and have used a microsquirt on my old 57 kombi , with twin 

44mm throttle bodies (motorbike) on my 2276cc motor ,running a 36 to 1 wheel with hall sensor 

and also running ls1 cop (no dissy).

i have also run a megasquirt 2 on my ls1 turbo hilux .

so was looking into the megasquirt pnp for a 5ltr 86 - 94 mustang or the 

microsquirt with the pnp wirring adapter to the mustang eec-iv plug from efi source in the usa.

after having a good look at the pinouts from the mustang and the xf ,all the main sensors are identical.

i will have to make sure no wires are on pins  12 – 15 – 42  and 31 – 43 – 52 as these are ones the xf doesn't use .

12 15 42 are all additional injector channels on the Mustangs  pin 31 is a PWM output intended for a boost controller output.

pin 52 is meant for another injector output, pin 43 is meant for one of the factory narrow band O2 sensor inputs.

and i will need to connect  pin 1 to the positive terminal of the battery.  This is used to dissipate extra flyback voltage created by the ECU ,so has to be added.

here is the pinout for the xf   http://www.fordmods.com/documents.php?d=43

here is the mustang pinout.

MicroSquirt® Harness for 1986-93 Ford 5.0 Mustang    https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/microsquirt-harness-for-1986-93-ford-5-0-mustang/

eec4a8 expanded pinout.xls

Hey mate

I have a MS3X on a 250 Crossy EFI and it works great. Pretty simple to hook up:
- TPS (use existing)
- Fast Idle (existing)
- 2 Wires of the Dizzy TFI Module
- Wideband O2 sensor
- Intake Air Temp sensor
- MAF (inbuilt to the MS Box)
- Temp Sensor

And your running. MS box also controls the Thermo's.

Easy as

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk