Macht

Looking for Hydraulic lifter recommendations

Morning chaps, 

My XH has the classic old rattle coming from one of it's hydraulic lifters.

I am looking throwing a new set in, but need some guidance on brands.

I seen at Repco they sell Nason lifters, and the other brand I have seen are Mace Engineering. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

Otherwise, are there any other brands I should look at.

Lastly, I have seen a few guides on disassembling the lifters and giving them a clean. Would this be worth the time, or just throw the parts at it?

Cheers

It is a pain in the arse, but pulling the original lash adjusters apart, cleaning them and re assembly yields a better result 90% of the time, the aftermarket lash adjusters just don't seem to last very long before they become noisy

46 minutes ago, Thom said:

It is a pain in the arse, but pulling the original lash adjusters apart, cleaning them and re assembly yields a better result 90% of the time, the aftermarket lash adjusters just don't seem to last very long before they become noisy

Thanks Thom. I was reading earlier that there might be some seals inside the HLA which can perish and need replacing, but are exceptionally hard to come across.

The post may of been for the older crossflow engines, but not an XH. Do you know if that is the case with XH HLA's?

Cheers

Hi Macht,

I was looking for another thread and saw this post. I just recently bought a set of these seals through Supercheap. I believe they were sourced from Nason and cost around $23. I realize things would have moved on from the post but I thought I would mention it just in case you never replaced them.

Dazzalec