Server maintenance Read more... ×
Rhyleyyyy

Xf falcon ute boss kits

Hey fellas!

Looking at buying a autotechnica wheel for my Xf falcon ute, but can't seem to find a boss kit for the autotechnica wheel that's made for the base model Xf, it's all Ghia and Fairmont fancy stuff, wondering if these will still fit. Cheers 

3 hours ago, Rhyleyyyy said:

Hey fellas!

Looking at buying a autotechnica wheel for my Xf falcon ute, but can't seem to find a boss kit for the autotechnica wheel that's made for the base model Xf, it's all Ghia and Fairmont fancy stuff, wondering if these will still fit. Cheers 

i can't remember exactly, but i know the Ghia/fairlane etc doesn't have that spacer ring a stock GL steering wheel had, so the boss kit for ghia takes this into account (that you wouldn't have the spacer if you had a ghia)  

i'd like to confirm this with @Panko or @Mr Polson perhaps. been a long time since i had one and it was second hand. 

7 hours ago, deankdx said:

i can't remember exactly, but i know the Ghia/fairlane etc doesn't have that spacer ring a stock GL steering wheel had, so the boss kit for ghia takes this into account (that you wouldn't have the spacer if you had a ghia)  

i'd like to confirm this with @Panko or @Mr Polson perhaps. been a long time since i had one and it was second hand. 

Dean is on the money but I can't remember the specifics either. 

I originally bought an XF boss kit for my Ghia, and it worked but i did not have cancelling indicators because no spacer. I got the correct one which is longer to account for lack of spacer. 

If you get stuck, send me a message on here. I do have the original one i bought, which is for a GL 

3 hours ago, Panko said:

I originally bought an XF boss kit for my Ghia, and it worked but i did not have cancelling indicators because no spacer.

i remember we had some similar issue with Daves XE ghia, bought one, must have been GL, Dave didn't have the spacer because his car is a ghia, so ended up buying the ghia one which worked fine, i think the ghia one should work in a GL because a Ghia wheel fits and works perfect on GL but i know there has been issues, just cant remember (maybe XD boss has been listed wrong, they use a dished wheel by comparison i don't remember)