Sign in to follow this  
X-Taxi

Lowering The Sheriff

I picked up some nice lowered springs from a XF Falcon awhile ago that was plonked into our scrap heap, so I got stuck in and got them out cause they were very close to new, even with the tags still on them.  My original plan was to use them in Drift-XF But when we bought The Sheriff the springs had a new home to go to.  So this some pics on how we done it.. :)

We started at the rear end and here is one of the rear springs out!  Thank goodness my mate Mick brought his cordless rattle gun cause it made the job three times faster.  The taxi pack springs are heavy duty so they were a mission to get out!

DSC_0130_zps3ecdd231.jpg

New rear lowered King Spring inserted!

DSC_0131_zpsec0139aa.jpg

The shocks were still like brand new  :bounce:

DSC_0133_zps5aed486b.jpg

Now for the front end!

DSC_0134_zps413af3a1.jpg

The spring difference!

DSC_0135_zps6c41b9a9.jpg

Mick unrattling the front spring compressors!

DSC_0136_zps35c3fcea.jpg

DSC_0137_zps2041a8ee.jpg

The other side!

DSC_0140_zps292b51ba.jpg

DSC_0138_zps3c17de06.jpg

DSC_0190_zps0edcfd82.jpg

Since we have lowered The Sheriff it now needs a wheel alignment.  Thanks to the fellas at Tyre Power we got the wheel alignment done but could get it right because the sway bar was hitting hard down onto the sump guard.  so I took it home and put some spacers in the front mounting bolts to bring the guard down off the sway bar.  Then took it back the next day to get the wheel alignment done again.  She drives sweet now!

DSC_0191_zps29ecb8bb.jpg