Sign in to follow this  
ZJ 'lane

Flexplate to Flywheel

Hey Guys, Today Dad and I were going to put the gearbox onto the engine. We ran into the first hurdle though... we have ARP Flywheel bolts #100-2801 and didn't realise till now that they flywheel needs to be chamfered to suit the bolts. Are we able to use the old flexplate bolts instead, I know that they are shorter but if they are put in properly will it matter to much?
Thanks  

i wouldnt use the flex plate bolts ,theres a reason with a manual fly wheel they use longer bolts,

many years ago a mate had a corty with a xflow 6 top loader it was show n drag ,about every 2nd race meet he would sheer all the bolts off his fly wheel ,it took a few weeks to work out that he was using flex plate bolts ,and with a 150hp shot of nos ,it was bang ,then stop ,lol nah man use the corret bolts ,youl only be pulling the box out and swearing if it fucks your crank

Cool thanks for that, Dad will get new bolts tomorrow as we aren't keen on chamfering the flywheel.

many years ago a mate had a corty with a xflow 6 top loader it was show n drag ,about every 2nd race meet he would sheer all the bolts off his fly wheel ,it took a few weeks to work out that he was using flex plate bolts ,and with a 150hp shot of nos ,it was bang ,then stop ,

Haha definitely wouldn't be doing this, probs wouldn't go down well :P